The TOEFL test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. And it evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks. More than 8,500 colleges, agencies and other institutions in over 130 countries accept TOEFL exam scores. The TOEFL exam has more than 50 test dates per year. The test is taken online. You are allowed to retake the test as many times as you wish, however you cannot take it more than once in a 12-day period.
There are four sections ( listening, reading, speaking and writing) which take a total of about 4hrs 30minutes to complete.
During the test, you are asked to perform tasks that combine more than one skill, such as :
* Read, listen and then speak in response to a question
* Listen and then speak in response to a question
*Read, listen and then write response to a question
TYPICAL TOEFL Exam Format
* Tips to remember on test day
- Have your registration number with you. It can be found on your online profile you will need it to take the test.
- Bring 2 forms of Identification, State or Federal I.D.s
- Arrive early to the testing center.